Exactly two years ago I was in Orlando about to make a decision that would drastically change the course of my life.
I had just spent 3 days at a business building event and I was contemplating joining a coaching program that was a HUGE stretch financially. I didn’t sleep the night before because I was thinking about this decision so much! I decided that even though I was scared (OK, maybe terrified!), I was going to take the leap of faith!
In that moment I connected my decision with my big WHY. Why did I want to have a successful business? Why did I want to make more money?
One of those why’s was because I wanted to travel more with my family. I set the intention that to celebrate my success I would take my family to Disney. And that is why we are here today…
I have to admit it took a little longer than I initially planned because other things became a priority, but I did it! As I was on the plane, I got teary eyed thinking about the symbolism of this trip. It was a external expression of my belief in myself, my persistence, & hard work. I even took a moment to think about if I would have said no to that opportunity 2 yrs. ago! YIKES! Saying Yes was really saying Yes to my dreams!
So now I want you to think about your WHY. Why do you have a business? Why do you want to be successful? When you make more money, what do you want to do with it? Travel? Give back to a charity? The truth is…making more money will help you make a bigger impact!
5 Keys for Making Dreams a Reality!
1. Write down a goal that you have…is it a trip somewhere…a beach house…a new house…sponsoring a charity.
2. Write down how much money you need to make it happen and when you want it happen by.
3. Now write down a plan of action. How can you generate the money.This is through offering your services to others. So what is the fastest way to
get clients? For example…Speaking, following up with past clients, holding a workshop, making a video & offering strategy sessions, etc.
4. Be persistent!!!! DON’T GIVE UP…EVER! You can NOT have a desire without a way for it to become a reality!
5. Accomplishing your goal will require you to go out of your comfort zone, believe in yourself more than you ever have before, & change self-sabotaging patterns (like procrastination). What is standing in the way of making this happening? Your beliefs? Fears? It’s time to grow your desire for what you want more than your fear!
Now go out there and make it happen!